Most Active Stories
- Pro-life Group Wants Planned Parenthood Defunded, Even For Cancer Screening
- South San School To Axe All 33 Teachers, Principal, Deputy For School’s Non-Performance
- Hidden Treasures San Antonio, Available Exclusively Through TPR
- Those Who Would Apply for DACA and DAPA Status Face Months of Paperwork Ahead
- Robert Earl Keen Sings 'Merry Christmas From The Fam-O-Lee'
Around the Nation
Mon May 13, 2013
4-Year-Old Boy Chosen As Mayor Of Dorset, Minn.
Originally published on Mon May 13, 2013 7:41 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. What the mayor of Dorset, Minnesota lacks in experience he makes up for with youthful enthusiasm. Mayor Bobby Tufts is four years old. He won his seat by having his name picked out of a hat. That's an annual tradition for the small town of 22. Mayor Tufts is celebrated in town as a singer, a dancer, and a fisherman.
At a big fishing event over the weekend, Mayor Bobby Tufts gave this advice: leeches and worms definitely make the best bait. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.