The application period is open for Bexar County's inaugural arts internship program this summer. The program is funding nine summer internships with local nonprofit arts organizations and will allow the nonprofits an opportunity to offer a paid 10-week summer internship to attract motivated college students to work on seasonal or special projects.
Students selected to participate will develop a closer understanding of how the arts benefit their community, along with the real world application of business skills that can be applied to their individual careers.
Bexar County Commissioners Court approved a grant agreement in February with San Antonio’s United Arts Fund to administer the program. The selected internship opportunities include marketing, public relations, alumni tracking, development, theater education, and administration.
The interns will be paid $3,500 for the 10 weeks.
Each participating nonprofit organization is responsible for screening and hiring the interns, so students should apply directly to the organization for which they want to work.
- Arts San Antonio: www.artssa.org
- Ballet San Antonio: balletsanantonio.org/internships
- The Children's Chorus of San Antonio: www.childrenschorussa.org
- Esperanza Peace & Justice Center: www.esperanzacenter.org
- Gemini Ink: geminiink.org
- Jump-Start Performance Co.: jump-start.org
- Magik Theatre: www.magiktheatre.org
- Say Sí: www.saysi.org/summer-internship-program
- Youth Orchestras of San Antonio: www.yosa.org