Most Active Stories
- Study: Bike Deaths Up 16 Percent In Just Two Years
- The Source: French & Michigan Zoning Controversy Continues in Beacon Hill
- Justice Ginsburg Revises Texas Voter ID Dissent, Then Announces It
- Proving Aquaponics Vegetable Gardens Are Viable for Small Businesses and Families
- Coming Soon To Alamo Plaza, A Festival Of Lights, Food And Action
Mon May 27, 2013
Body Of 18-Year-Old Man Recovered From Cibolo Creek Following Storms
Authorities recovered the body of an 18 year old man Sunday evening, following storms on Saturday that drenched the area.
Officials in the town of Schertz, Texas, northeast of San Antonio, say 18 -year-old Avron Adams disappeared in the swollen Cibolo Creek after attempting to make it across with eight other people.
Seven made it across as they crossed from the Schertz side to the Universal City side, officials said. One person turned back and made it back to shore when Adams was swept away, according to a news release.
A Texas Department of Public Safety helicopter assisted in the search of the man, including first responders from Schertz, Universal City, Selma, Cibolo and other neighboring communities.
Unrelated to the storms, New Braunfels Police said a six-year-old boy, identified as Xabier Martinez of San Antonio, was recovered from the Comal River. Officials there say he found 25 feet from the shore where he was last seen playing Sunday.
Police Captain John McDonald said the water on the Comal was back to normal by the time Martinez went missing.
He was recovered Monday morning by a dive team. The investigation in that case is ongoing.