Most Active Stories
- TxDOT Wants $50M To Study Futuristic Transportation Models Like The 'Hyperloop'
- Will Texas' Education Commissioner Stay On?
- Hidden Treasures San Antonio, Available Exclusively Through TPR
- Beautiful Drawings Of Children At Play, But There’s More Happening Here
- The Source: Challenges In The Texas Education System
Thu April 4, 2013
Cellist Returns To San Antonio For Brilliant Encore
It's literally why he was asked to return: Chopin's Polonaise Brilliant. "They remembered me playing it the last time I was at the Tuesday Music Club, and asked for us to play it again!" Chopin rounds out a romantic program for Cellist Darrett Adkins, who is no stranger to Alamo city. "I came here for the first concert of conductor Troy Peters - we grew up in the same home town. I even played solos with his high school orchestra back in Washington." Adkins also has played with the Zephyr Trio, who were guests of the Tuesday Music Club not long ago.
This program is filled with romantic selections like Brahms and Chopin, a little more conservative than the music Adkins is known for, which usually mixes new music with a Bach cello suite.
KPAC will be at the Tuesday Music Club performance on April 9th, at 2pm -there's a chance to meet hosts Randall Anderson and Ron Moore.