The St. Mark's Choir and Youth Choir are going to Exeter Cathedral to be choir in residence from July 22-July 28. They will be responsible for singing daily services, with one day off! In total, they will perform 7 services (two on Sunday).
This weekend, Sunday at 4pm, the choirs are presenting a concert entitled, "Exeter in Texas" were they offer a preview of some of the music:
- Hail Gladdening Light Charles Wood
- Gloria (from Missa brevis in D) Benjamin Britten
- Magnificat in G major Herbert Sumsion
- Crux Fidelis Jean Roger-Ducasse
- Jesus Christ, the Apple Tree Elizabeth Poston
- Nunc dimittis (from Collegium Regale Service) Herbert Howells
- Sanctus and Benedictus (from Missa Secunda) Hans Leo Hassler
- Agnus Dei (from Messe cum jubilo) Maurice Durufle
- Thou O God, Art Praised in Sion Malcolm Boyle
Joseph Causby is the organist and music director at St. Mark's Episcopal Church. He says it is a real honor to sing there. "It's very unique to get to go and sing in a place where there is so much history and an uninterupted cycle of music and daily prayer."
- The preview concert takes place Sunday, June 23rd at 4pm. There is more information online at http://www.stmarks-sa.org/