Most Active Stories
- Pro-life Group Wants Planned Parenthood Defunded, Even For Cancer Screening
- South San School To Axe All 33 Teachers, Principal, Deputy For School’s Non-Performance
- Hidden Treasures San Antonio, Available Exclusively Through TPR
- Those Who Would Apply for DACA and DAPA Status Face Months of Paperwork Ahead
- Robert Earl Keen Sings 'Merry Christmas From The Fam-O-Lee'
2014 Governor's Race
Mon October 7, 2013
Davis' "A Texas Story" Video Her First Step In Statewide Campaign
Wendy Davis’ campaign brought in over $500,000 in contributions in less than 24 hours after her announcement that she would run for governor and the Democrat from Fort Worth has now launched her first campaign video.
"A Texas Story" starts with a biography of Davis’ life and features her daughter Amber, who details her mother’s humble beginnings.
The video then shifts focus on the lives impacted by some of Davis’ legislation and standoffs in the Texas Senate, showing the Democratic candidate as being responsible for more than just a 13-hour filibuster of this summer’s controversial abortion bill.
Editor's Note: This interesting video production tidbit showed up on Twitter about a cowboy/farmer/rancher used in the Davis video [27 second mark].
— Justin W. Williamson (@DubyaWilliamson) October 7, 2013