Tue January 7, 2014
Design The Next TPR T-Shirt
For several years, Texas Public Radio approached a single local artist to craft the artist-designed t-shirt we offer as a premium to new and renewing members. Last year, we opened up the process to you, and invited the public to submit their ideas for the 2013 T-shirt design. Z Wright's winning entry featured a Texas mockingbird atop a nifty "FM" sign. It was such a successful (and fun) endeavor, we're going to repeat the contest again this spring!
This time, we're adding a theme. For your shirt design, please consider the slogan "Radio that goes in one ear and stays there."
A jury will select the winning entry, which will be printed on 1,000 TPR member shirts and is promoted online through social media and throughout our on-air fundraising campaigns. TPR members who choose it as a premium item proudly wear the shirt around town.
If you or an artist you know would like to submit a design for consideration, submission details are as follows:
- Artist submissions must come from artists who reside in the Texas Public Radio broadcast region.
- The deadline for submissions is 5 p.m. Friday, February 14, 2014. Artwork may be emailed or delivered, but must be received by 5 p.m. on February 14 to be considered.
- Email or deliver artwork to the receptionist at: 8401 Datapoint, STE 800, San Antonio, TX 78229
- Please clearly note "Attn: 2014 Artist T-Shirt Committee" on the packaging of your artwork or in the subject line of your email.
- All artwork must be digital, two-color or less to be eligible for consideration. Digital submissions should be submitted as vector art, minimum 300 dpi.
- Artists may suggest a t-shirt color to add additional dimension to the final screen printed t-shirt.
- Winning artwork becomes the property of Texas Public Radio to be used as mentioned above, in print, and as TPR sees fit to promote the t-shirt and the artist t-shirt campaign in the future. Artwork that is not selected may be used for other marketing purposes at TPR, with artist permission.
- Think Marketing: When planning your design, consider that the final t-shirt will act as a unique premium for TPR members, and a marketing piece for Texas Public Radio. Designs that are simple, thoughtful, clever and/or easily transferred to a t-shirt might be preferable to those with complicated designs, obscure references, etc.
- Think Marketing (again). Texas Public Radio and tpr.org will appear clearly on the winning design.
- Remember the theme: "Radio That Goes In One Ear And Stays There."
If you have questions about the submission process, please feel free to call 210-614-8977 and ask for Janet, or email email@example.com.
Participating in this contest is a great way to support Texas Public Radio while at the same time gaining local recognition and promoting your work as an artist. Thank you, and good luck!
Artist T-shirt Contest