Most Active Stories
- Pro-life Group Wants Planned Parenthood Defunded, Even For Cancer Screening
- South San School To Axe All 33 Teachers, Principal, Deputy For School’s Non-Performance
- Hidden Treasures San Antonio, Available Exclusively Through TPR
- Those Who Would Apply for DACA and DAPA Status Face Months of Paperwork Ahead
- Robert Earl Keen Sings 'Merry Christmas From The Fam-O-Lee'
Thu March 21, 2013
Handel's 'Messiah' To Be Featured At First Presbyterian
Tom Dooling leads Parts 2 & 3 of Handel's masterpiece
Handel's Messiah Parts II and III are the program this Sunday for the Sanctuary Choir of First Presbyterian Church, accompanied by a baroque ensemble playing on period instruments. Tom Dooling conducts the free concert that starts at 4 p.m.
"Messiah was popular in its day, and throughout history a real staple," says Dooling. "It is probably one of the most, if not THE most recognizable choral/orchestral works in the repertoire."
- Find more information about the concert at www.fpconline.org