This month, KPAC 88.3 FM and KSTX 89.1 FM begin a four-week series of announcements on-air that should be music to your ears. And your heart. And your brain. We’re calling it “Music For Your Life.”
As you no doubt know from listening to classical music on KPAC, there are tremendous benefits that come with listening to, and performing, music, specifically classical music. Listeners tell us that KPAC is a great place to turn for stress relief, to escape the pressures of the day, or to help them focus on the tasks at hand. And musicians love music not only for its beauty, but for its ability to sharpen the mind.
The “Music For Your Life” broadcast series highlights some of the research and studies that have been performed on the effects of music and the mind and body. Keep listening to KPAC to learn about:
- A study by the University of London that found that listening to classical music improves student’s listening skills
- How learning music—even just a little bit—can make you better at spotting mistakes and correcting errors
- A UC-San Diego study that found classical music can help lower blood pressure
- How classical music can reduce chronic pain by reducing muscle tension and stress hormones
- A study from SMU that found music makes you more lucid and expressive when trying to recall details of life events
KPAC has always been an oasis. It’s good for your soul, it’s great Music For Your Life.
Thank you to Musical Arts Centers of San Antonio for helping to sponsor this series.