Most Active Stories
- Pro-life Group Wants Planned Parenthood Defunded, Even For Cancer Screening
- South San School To Axe All 33 Teachers, Principal, Deputy For School’s Non-Performance
- Hidden Treasures San Antonio, Available Exclusively Through TPR
- Those Who Would Apply for DACA and DAPA Status Face Months of Paperwork Ahead
- Robert Earl Keen Sings 'Merry Christmas From The Fam-O-Lee'
Fri November 16, 2012
Mayor Castro And SA Business Leaders Make Economic Development Trip To U.K.
San Antonio Mayor Julián Castro is not finished jet-setting following the elections. He will now head to Great Britain to talk to politicians, business leaders and top government officials in hopes of strengthening business relationships.
As an invited guest of the British government, Castro’s main mission is economic development.
"It's a very exciting visit because there are a number of British firms that are keen to increased trade into San Antonio so there is a lot of enthusiasm for Mayor Castro's visit,” said Kirsten Gray with the British Consulate-General in Houston. “Britain is the number one investor in Texas and in fact our companies have already created over 70,000 jobs here in Texas."
Castro will be accompanied by a handful of other San Antonio area business leaders from Rackspace, Valero, the Denim Group, Tesoro, and CPS Energy. Together, they will talk about growing trade and investment even further as they meet with British politicians and senior government leaders.
The British Consulate General's Andrew Millar said there are a number of British firms interested in San Antonio, and there's great excitement to connect Castro with them. Millar said British businesses are eager to be a part of a growing San Antonio economy.
The mayor's trip is scheduled for Sunday through Wednesday.
Growing The Local Economy