Most Active Stories
- Pro-life Group Wants Planned Parenthood Defunded, Even For Cancer Screening
- South San School To Axe All 33 Teachers, Principal, Deputy For School’s Non-Performance
- Hidden Treasures San Antonio, Available Exclusively Through TPR
- Those Who Would Apply for DACA and DAPA Status Face Months of Paperwork Ahead
- Robert Earl Keen Sings 'Merry Christmas From The Fam-O-Lee'
Wed February 13, 2013
Navy Recruiter Arrested, Charged With Sexual Assault
Navy recruiter Juan Jose Pena has been arrested on charges of sexually assaulting a female enlistee.
The 28-year-old sailor, who worked in a Navy recruiting office on Broadway, was arrested by Alamo Heights police Monday for allegedly getting drunk with a Navy enlistee and sexually assaulting her in the recruiting office.
Police told the San Antonio Express-News that Juan Jose Pena was arrested at Joint Base San Antonio-Fort Sam Monday. The enlistee’s cousin reportedly witnessed the assault.
The Navy said the sailor was removed from recruiting duties pending an investigation.
Alamo Heights police said Pena could face additional charges.