Most Active Stories
- TxDOT Wants $50M To Study Futuristic Transportation Models Like The 'Hyperloop'
- Will Texas' Education Commissioner Stay On?
- Hidden Treasures San Antonio, Available Exclusively Through TPR
- Beautiful Drawings Of Children At Play, But There’s More Happening Here
- The Source: Challenges In The Texas Education System
Around the Nation
Wed March 13, 2013
A Real-Life 'Jump Street' In Tennessee
Originally published on Wed March 13, 2013 4:36 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep.
Police Deputy Donna Rogan relived her high school years. She went undercover pretending to be a transfer student in Carter County, Tennessee. The Elizabethton Star reports it was called Operation Jump Street, after the old TV show. Now, we do not know Ms. Rogan's grades or which boys asked her out. But we do know she played a student convincingly enough to slip into the local drug culture, gathering information leading to 14 arrests.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.