Most Active Stories
- Pro-life Group Wants Planned Parenthood Defunded, Even For Cancer Screening
- South San School To Axe All 33 Teachers, Principal, Deputy For School’s Non-Performance
- Those Who Would Apply for DACA and DAPA Status Face Months of Paperwork Ahead
- Hidden Treasures San Antonio, Available Exclusively Through TPR
- Robert Earl Keen Sings 'Merry Christmas From The Fam-O-Lee'
The Source - May 12, 2014
Mon May 12, 2014
The Source: Are You Your Doctor's First Concern?
Doctors are facing a marketplace that demands they think about many things before the patient. That's according to a new book by Dr. Jack Cochran, executive director of the Permanente Federation and author Charles Kenney called "The Doctor Crisis: How Physicians Can and Must Lead the Way to Better Health Care."
Cochran argues it has never been less fulfilling emotionally and professionally than today to be a doctor. This assumes a doctor was inspired to join the field to help people and not just to make money.
A flawed system has led to perverse incentives and outcomes, and Cochran believes that doctors are the ones that need to get it back on track.
- Dr. Jack Cochran, medical doctor and co-author of "The Doctor Crisis"
*This is the first segment in the May 12 edition of The Source, which airs at 3 p.m. on KSTX 89.1 FM. Audio from this show will be posted by 5:30 p.m.
The Source - May 1, 2014
The Source - April 22, 2014