Most Active Stories
- Pro-life Group Wants Planned Parenthood Defunded, Even For Cancer Screening
- South San School To Axe All 33 Teachers, Principal, Deputy For School’s Non-Performance
- Those Who Would Apply for DACA and DAPA Status Face Months of Paperwork Ahead
- Hidden Treasures San Antonio, Available Exclusively Through TPR
- Robert Earl Keen Sings 'Merry Christmas From The Fam-O-Lee'
The Source - October 21, 2013
Mon October 21, 2013
The Source: City Councilor Wanted | The New Middle East
In the first segment:
Today the city begins taking applications for the position of District 9 city council member. Elisa Chan attended her final city council meeting as a member last Thursday.
Does the district need another pro-business, social conservative with a style that some have described as confrontational? Or would they rather have someone a little more mild mannered?
We talk with San Antonio Express-News columnist Gilbert Garcia about who the current front runners are and what they represent.
- Connect with Garcia on Twitter @gilgamesh470
In the second segment:
The Arab Spring has remade the political landscape in the Middle East, and the area continues to evolve with the Muslim Brotherhood being overthrown in Egypt and essentially abdicating in Tunisia.
What does the future of the region look like? Is it better off than it was?
Paul Danahar, Middle East bureau chief for the BBC and author of the book "The New Middle East," joins us to talk about it.
*The Source airs at 3 p.m. on KSTX 89.1 FM - audio from this show will be posted by 5:30 p.m.