The Source: The City's Waist | City Council On The New Budget
In the first segment:
We look at the city's fitness goals with P.E. teacher and chief, Mayor Julián Castro. With the recent announcements that both San Antonio and the nation as a whole are seeing a drop in obesity rates among different segments of the population, are we more conscious of our health?
What role can the city play in promoting health?
In the second segment:
The city council was presented a budget last Thursday night mapping out the year's priorities. We talk with District 10 Councilman Carlton Soules and District 7 Councilman Cris Medina about the positives and negatives and where the city is going.
Budget hearings for the 2014 fiscal year begin today. Here’s the schedule:
- Aug. 12, 6 p.m.: District 5 Senior Center, 2701 S. Presa St.
- Aug. 13, 6 p.m.: Parkhills Baptist Church, 17747 San Pedro Ave.
- Aug. 14, 6 p.m.: St. Paul’s Community Center, 1201 Donaldson Ave.
- Aug. 15, 6 p.m.: TriPoint YMCA Grantham Center, 3233 N. St. Mary’s St.
- Aug. 20, 6 p.m.: St. Margaret Mary Catholic Church, 1314 Fair Ave.
- Aug. 28, 6 p.m.: City Council chambers, 114 W. Commerce St.
*The Source airs at 3 p.m. on 89.1-FM KSTX - audio from this show will be posted by 5:30 p.m.