Most Active Stories
- Pro-life Group Wants Planned Parenthood Defunded, Even For Cancer Screening
- South San School To Axe All 33 Teachers, Principal, Deputy For School’s Non-Performance
- Those Who Would Apply for DACA and DAPA Status Face Months of Paperwork Ahead
- Hidden Treasures San Antonio, Available Exclusively Through TPR
- Robert Earl Keen Sings 'Merry Christmas From The Fam-O-Lee'
The Source - July 23, 2014
Wed July 23, 2014
The Source: County Businesses Recruiters Reined In
A review of Bexar County's Economic Development Department resulted in a reorganization that removes independence and employs more oversight by integrating it into the county manager's office.
Mundane on its face, the change comes after several notable high-cost trips to recruit businesses to San Antonio had few results. Much has been made of the money doled out for trips to Asia, Israel and elsewhere and had people calling for travel to be reined in.
The study called for the focus of the county's efforts to be more moderate in scope, given the cost and the fact that the San Antonio Economic Development Foundation does the same thing with city and county funds.
What should the role of Bexar County be in economic development?
- David Smith, Bexar County manager
*This is the first segment in the July 23 edition of The Source, which airs at 3 p.m. on KSTX 89.1 FM.