Most Active Stories
- TxDOT Wants $50M To Study Futuristic Transportation Models Like The 'Hyperloop'
- Will Texas' Education Commissioner Stay On?
- Hidden Treasures San Antonio, Available Exclusively Through TPR
- Beautiful Drawings Of Children At Play, But There’s More Happening Here
- The Source: Challenges In The Texas Education System
The Source - April 11, 2013
Thu April 11, 2013
The Source: Medicaid Expansion In Texas
In the first segment:
Though Gov. Rick Perry has been staunchly opposed to expanding Medicaid in line with the Affordable Care Act, some Republicans don't want to leave the money on the table.
The windfall in federal funding, says Perry, is a trap that will leave Texas with yet another unfunded mandate after the initial funds run out.
Supporters of the expansion say we are already paying outlandish amounts for the poor's healthcare and this would allow people the money they need to make better decisions.
- Kevin is on Twitter: @KevKCM
In the second segment:
From Healthscare to Healthcare, a conversation with Palliative Doctor Jason Morrow on how we are being bombarded with emotional images and rhetoric obfuscating our ability to make rational choices in our healthcare policies.
Morrow will be giving a lecture of the same name tonight at Trinity University as part of the Friends of Hospice event.
*Audio from this edition of "The Source" will be posted by 5:30 p.m.
Shots - Health News