Most Active Stories
- Pro-life Group Wants Planned Parenthood Defunded, Even For Cancer Screening
- South San School To Axe All 33 Teachers, Principal, Deputy For School’s Non-Performance
- Those Who Would Apply for DACA and DAPA Status Face Months of Paperwork Ahead
- Hidden Treasures San Antonio, Available Exclusively Through TPR
- Robert Earl Keen Sings 'Merry Christmas From The Fam-O-Lee'
The Source - July 21, 2014
Mon July 21, 2014
The Source: Public Investment Not A Silver Bullet
The promise of downtown development in the form of convention centers has sparked the revitalization efforts in several cities. Rarely do people go back to make sure the promises were fulfilled.
In his new book, "Convention Center Follies," University of Texas San Antonio Professor Heywood Sanders highlights several cities where the promise was fueled by fuzzy math and circular logic.
- Heywood Sanders, UTSA Professor of urban development
*This is the second segment in the July 21 edition of The Source, which airs at 3 p.m. on KSTX 89.1 FM.