Tue January 29, 2013
Submit Your Art For The Next Texas Public Radio T-Shirt
For the past six years, Texas Public Radio has approached a single local artist to craft the artist-designed t-shirt we offer as a premium to new and renewing members.
The artist’s work is printed on 1000 TPR member shirts and is promoted online through social media and throughout our on-air fundraising campaigns. TPR members who choose it as a premium item proudly wear the shirt around town. Past TPR t-shirt artists have included Chuck Ramirez, Katie Pell, Jennifer Khoshbin, Robert Rehm, Gary Sweeny and Ansen Seale.
This year TPR is asking local artists to submit their original artwork. A jury will select one submission to appear on all 1000 2013 TPR artist t-shirts.
If you or an artist you know would like to submit a design for consideration, submission details are as follows:
- Artist submissions must come from artists who reside in the Texas Public Radio broadcast region.
- The deadline for submissions is 5 p.m. Friday, March 1st, 2013. Artwork may be mailed or hand- delivered, but must be received by 5 p.m. on March 1 to be considered.
- Mail or hand-deliver artwork to the receptionist at: 8401 Datapoint, STE 800, San Antonio, TX 78229
- Please clearly note "Attn: 2013 Artist T-Shirt Committee" on the packaging of your artwork.
- All artwork must be two-color or less to be eligible for consideration. Artists may suggest a t-shirt color to add additional dimension to the final screen printed t-shirt.
- Original artwork submissions should be no smaller than 8"x8" and no larger than 11"x11".
- Digital submissions should be submitted as vector art, minimum 300 dpi.
- Winning artwork becomes the property of Texas Public Radio to be used as mentioned above, in print, and as TPR sees fit to promote the t-shirt and the artist t-shirt campaign in the future. Artwork that is not selected must be picked up by the artist by Friday, March 29, 2013. Artwork that is not claimed by that deadline becomes the property of Texas Public Radio.
- Think Marketing: When planning your design, consider that the final t-shirt will act as a unique premium for TPR members, and a marketing piece for Texas Public Radio. Designs that are simple, thoughtful, clever and/or easily transferred to a t-shirt might be preferable to those with complicated designs, obscure references, etc.
- Think Marketing (again). Texas Public Radio and tpr.org will appear clearly on a winning design along with the station call letters: KPAC 88.3 FM, KSTX 89.1 FM and KTXI 90.1 FM in the Hill Country.
- Think Marketing. (You get the picture!)
If you have questions about the submission process, please feel free to call 210-614-8977 and ask for Shana, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participating in this contest is a great way to support Texas Public Radio while at the same time gaining local recognition and promoting your work as an artist. Thank you, and good luck!