Most Active Stories
- TxDOT Wants $50M To Study Futuristic Transportation Models Like The 'Hyperloop'
- Will Texas' Education Commissioner Stay On?
- Beautiful Drawings Of Children At Play, But There’s More Happening Here
- Hidden Treasures San Antonio, Available Exclusively Through TPR
- The Source: Challenges In The Texas Education System
Arts & Culture
Fri May 16, 2014
Summer Art & Jazz Festival Coming To Crockett Park
The San Antonio Summer Art and Jazz Festival is coming. It’s a three-day music and art event and it all starts next Friday night.
"We’re bringing in about 12 artists from around the United States," said Anthony Tobias, founder of the San Antonio Summer Art and Jazz Festival.
“Starts on May 30, and starts at 5 p.m.," said Tobias. "And then on Saturday and Sunday it starts at noon and goes all the way to 10 p.m. It’s located at Crockett Park, 1300 North Main and Cypress."
I asked about the variety of jazz he was presenting.
“Yes, well we have traditional jazz, which is more like Miles Davis," Tobias said. "And we have smooth jazz, which is more like Kenny G, Jeff Kashiwa. That’s what we consider a more modern type of jazz. Because it’s San Antonio we thought it was very important to feature Latin Jazz like The Brew from Austin, Texas, Tito Puente, Junior."
Food and drinks will be available for the event. As to what you can expect:
“Three days of fantastic music. Just to listen to listen to Jeff Kashiwa alone...runs about $100, and you’re getting to listen to 10-12 fantastic bands for no charge at all. I mean, it’s a fantastic event for families to get together and just relax.”
- For more on the San Antonio Summer Art and Jazz Festival: www.falljazzfest.com