Most Active Stories
- TxDOT Wants $50M To Study Futuristic Transportation Models Like The 'Hyperloop'
- Will Texas' Education Commissioner Stay On?
- Beautiful Drawings Of Children At Play, But There’s More Happening Here
- Hidden Treasures San Antonio, Available Exclusively Through TPR
- The Source: Challenges In The Texas Education System
Fri July 18, 2014
TPR Presents: The Science of Sound
Be one of the first people in San Antonio to experience the Tobin Center for the Performing Arts at Texas Public Radio’s “TPR Presents: The Science of Sound” event on July 31 at 7:30 p.m. As the Tobin Center for the Performing Arts finalizes construction and prepares for its 20-day grand opening celebration in September, TPR listeners are invited to a special night to “test drive” the hall to the sounds of the Youth Orchestra of San Antonio, and learn about the design and acoustics of this state-of-the-art venue.
During this free community performance, the acousticians, engineers, and designers of the performance space will explain the science behind the hall, from how sound reverberates to the way the shape of the hall can change the sound inside. As they make final adjustments, you’ll learn first-hand how the concert you’re enjoying that night will help the hall sound fantastic!
After the event, members of Texas Public Radio will be invited to a special reception where they will be able to enjoy food and drink while visiting with Tobin representatives to discover the many ways in which the Tobin Center for the Performing Arts will be the ultimate venue in San Antonio. Details about the reception are coming soon.
When: Thursday, July 31, 7:30 p.m.
Where: Tobin Center for the Performing Arts
Parking: Available in adjacent lots, including N. St. Mary's Street and Travis Park Plaza. Click here for a map.
Reservations are full for this event. In the event that more seats become available, we will update this page with a new link.
IMPORTANT RESERVATION INFORMATION
- You will be reserving your ticket from the Tobin Center's ticketing agent.
- Only the Orchestra and Orchestra Pit sections have available seating for this event.
- Your tickets will be emailed to you for printing.
- You will be asked to create an account, which you can then use for all other events at the Tobin Center.
If you have questions about the process, or if you do not have email, please call 800-622-8977 for assistance.