Most Active Stories
- TxDOT Wants $50M To Study Futuristic Transportation Models Like The 'Hyperloop'
- Will Texas' Education Commissioner Stay On?
- Beautiful Drawings Of Children At Play, But There’s More Happening Here
- Hidden Treasures San Antonio, Available Exclusively Through TPR
- The Source: Challenges In The Texas Education System
Fri December 6, 2013
UTHSC And Methodist Health Reach Deal On Children's Hospital
The UT Health Science Center at San Antonio and the Methodist Healthcare System have announced an affiliation agreement for a children’s hospital in the Medical Center.
The two organizations issued a joint statement late this afternoon indicating they have agreed on all major aspects of their relationship and are moving forward to obtain regulatory approval for their agreement.
The UTHSC previously pulled out of talks with CHRISTUS Santa Rosa, then pursued talks with the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and Vanguard Health Systems. That deal collapsed in July when Vanguard was bought out (see related story below).
The Health Science Center sought another local partner in the Methodist System, and now the two parties have announced they are in agreement on the affiliation structure.
The UT Health Science Center had previously talked with University Health System about bringing health care providers into the new children’s hospital, but there was no mention of the physicians from UHS in this announcement.
The Methodist System earlier this week announced a $200 million expansion of its Medical Center campus to include a tower for pediatric care.