Governor Gregg Abbott has finally revealed the cause of severe burns he received in July. He told reporters this weekend the burns were caused by scalding hot shower water. The Governor has been paralyzed from the waist down since an accident in the 1980s.
"Because of my paralysis, I couldn’t feel the burns that were taking place," said Abbott. "As a consequence, it was like having my feet in scalding water for several minutes and it resulted in third degree burns to my feet."
The burns occurred while Abbott was vacationing in Jackson, Wyoming.