TITLE: Corporate Relations Assistant
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Corporate Relations
SUMMARY: Texas Public Radio is a mission-driven, award-winning, multimedia organization serving an audience of more than 200,000 through 7 radio stations across a large portion of South and central Texas. We are currently offering a unique opportunity to join our quickly growing organization whose mission is to serve as a premier source for unbiased thoughtful and engaging news, information and entertainment programming in South Texas. The perfect candidate will be a highly motivated, resourceful self-starter, with creative ideas, strong time management and critical thinking skills. This candidate will play a fundamental role in helping TPR’s Corporate Relations Department achieve it’s revenue goals by providing administrative and organizational support. Various duties include ongoing communication between Corporate Support, Marketing and Events and Digital departments, creation of event sponsorship and other print materials, as well as online content to support the sales efforts of Texas Public Radio’s Corporate Relations Department. The position will also include occasional servicing of client accounts, including copywriting and order entry and other support functions which help increase corporate support and community outreach.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Interface between the Corporate Relations and the Marketing and Events Departments to collect sponsorship details and produce professional finished sponsorship proposals for purposes of garnering corporate sponsorship and supporting Texas Public Radio’s corporate fundraising efforts.
2. Serve as a liaison between the Corporate Relations and the Marketing and Events Departments by ensuring that client sponsorship deliverables are fulfilled within pre-scheduled timelines.
3. Interface with the Corporate Relations, Digital Operations and Marketing Departments to support the growth of Texas Public Radio’s corporate fundraising efforts by increasing engagement of online visitors with TPR’s various underwriting and sponsorship products.
4. Interface with the Corporate Relations and Marketing Departments to support Texas Public Radio’s corporate fundraising efforts through the development of outreach letters and collateral material to expand business participation between existing supporters and attract new business. (May involve coordination with contract design entities).
5. Provide support for the Corporate Relations Department’s Digital Sales efforts through maintenance and distribution of monthly metrics and providing ongoing awareness of available inventory to Underwriting Representatives.
6. Utilize audience research software to develop sales tools for the Corporate Relations Department.
7. Service cash and trade accounts on an as needed basis including client communication, entering broadcast orders into the Traffic management system, and copywriting for on-air messaging to include approval by client and station management.
8. Serve as a representative of Texas Public Radio by participating in bi-annual pledge drives, serving as a station liaison at TPR community and member events and participate the planning and development of the annual Corporate Relations Department event.
9. Assist the Corporate Relations Department on an as needed basis with maintenance of the Corporate Database by entering new and updating existing client account information.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s degree in Communications/Marketing or a related field preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Must have at least two (2) years of relevant experience in and administrative capacity, with knowledge of sales and marketing a plus.
Must have a solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Must have strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
Must have strong time management and interpersonal relationship skills.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
Finger Dexterity: Using fingers to make small movements such as typing or picking up small objects.
Talking: Frequently conveying important instructions or ideas accurately, clearly, or quickly.
Hearing: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
Repetitive Motions: Frequently and regularly using the wrists, hands, and fingers.
Visual: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect written materials.
Physical: Combination of sedentary work, using the computer and telephone; and interfacing in-person with supporters, listeners and the community at large. Needs reliable transportation. May have to lift a variety of items up to approximately 20 lbs.
Flexibility: May be required to work weekend events.
Licenses: Must have valid standard Class C driver’s license.