Most Active Stories
- Study: Bike Deaths Up 16 Percent In Just Two Years
- The Source: French & Michigan Zoning Controversy Continues in Beacon Hill
- Justice Ginsburg Revises Texas Voter ID Dissent, Then Announces It
- Coming Soon To Alamo Plaza, A Festival Of Lights, Food And Action
- Proving Aquaponics Vegetable Gardens Are Viable for Small Businesses and Families
James first introduced himself to KPAC listeners at midnight on April 8, 1993, presenting Dvorak's 7th Symphony played by the Cleveland Orchestra. Soon after, he became the regular overnight announcer on KPAC.
If pressed to describe himself, James will say he is a musician who hosted classical music. For over 40 years, he has worked as a professional French horn player, holding posts in the Austin Symphony, San Antonio Symphony, Orquesta Filarmonica de la Ciudad de Mexico, Orquesta Sinfonica del Estado de Mexico, and Orquesta Sinfonica de Xalapa, the oldest orchestra in Mexico. He has held the Principal Horn position in the Mid Texas Symphony for the past 20 years.
James also is an avid marathoner. Look for him running the streets of San Antonio with his three rescued border collies.
James was the long-time host of Itinerarios, a weekly program of music with Latin-American roots, Listener's Choice, KPAC's request show, and for over 10 years co-hosted with Ron Moore Alternate Routes, KPAC's program of contemporary music.