Most Active Stories
- TxDOT Wants $50M To Study Futuristic Transportation Models Like The 'Hyperloop'
- Will Texas' Education Commissioner Stay On?
- Hidden Treasures San Antonio, Available Exclusively Through TPR
- Beautiful Drawings Of Children At Play, But There’s More Happening Here
- The Source: Challenges In The Texas Education System
Fri September 19, 2008
"August Evening" Captures Immigrant Family Experience On Film
Gonzales filmmaker Chris Eska's first feature, "August Evening," is now playing in San Antonio at the Bijou at Crossroads Theater. Eska's film follows an aging undocumented farm worker named Jaime and his young, widowed daughter-in-law, Lupe, as their lives are thrown into upheaval. Eska shot the film around Gonzales and San Antonio using a combination of trained actors and non-professionals. He discovered the film's star, Pedro Castañeda, installing wireless networks at a local non-profit. Nathan Cone talks to Castañeda and Eska about the film.