Most Active Stories
- Pro-life Group Wants Planned Parenthood Defunded, Even For Cancer Screening
- South San School To Axe All 33 Teachers, Principal, Deputy For School’s Non-Performance
- Hidden Treasures San Antonio, Available Exclusively Through TPR
- Those Who Would Apply for DACA and DAPA Status Face Months of Paperwork Ahead
- Robert Earl Keen Sings 'Merry Christmas From The Fam-O-Lee'
Fri March 1, 2013
Children's Hospital Of San Antonio Announces Major Partnership
The Children’s Hospital of San Antonio has formally partnered the with Baylor College of Medicine and the Texas Children’s Hospital.
"We now have world class partners who are recognized for the excellence of care they give," said CHRISTUS Health Regional CEO Pat Carrier.
The Texas Children’s Hospital will provide clinical expertise, and Baylor will employ, recruit and monitor the physicians.
"We want to be here to help train the future physicians," said Paul Kloutman, president of Baylor College of Medicine. "We want to start residency and fellowship programs here. We want to integrate the entire hospital into our research mission, bring cutting-edge research in the fields of diabetes, of cancer."
The Children’s Hospital of San Antonio became a free standing children’s hospital last September when the downtown CHRISTUS Santa Rosa was decommissioned. It’s currently under reconstruction and will be through 2014.
The hospital has also received a $3 million grant from the USAA foundation to aid in the construction.