Most Active Stories
- TxDOT Wants $50M To Study Futuristic Transportation Models Like The 'Hyperloop'
- Will Texas' Education Commissioner Stay On?
- Hidden Treasures San Antonio, Available Exclusively Through TPR
- Beautiful Drawings Of Children At Play, But There’s More Happening Here
- The Source: Challenges In The Texas Education System
Wed July 10, 2013
Episode 471: The Eddie Murphy Rule
Originally published on Tue July 9, 2013 8:37 pm
On today's show, we talk to commodities traders to answer one of the most important questions in finance: What actually happens at the end of Trading Places?
We know something crazy happens on the trading floor. We know that Eddie Murphy and Dan Aykroyd get rich and the Duke brothers lose everything. But how does it all happen? And could it happen in the real world?
Also on the show: The "Eddie Murphy Rule" that wound up in the the big financial overhaul law Congress passed in 2010.
Music: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's "Overture, Marriage Of Figaro" and The Silhouettes' "Get A Job." Find us: Twitter/ Facebook/Spotify/ Tumblr. Download the Planet Money iPhone App. Yes, there's a spoiler in this post. But the movie came out 30 years ago. Deal with it.