Most Active Stories
- TxDOT Wants $50M To Study Futuristic Transportation Models Like The 'Hyperloop'
- Will Texas' Education Commissioner Stay On?
- Hidden Treasures San Antonio, Available Exclusively Through TPR
- Beautiful Drawings Of Children At Play, But There’s More Happening Here
- The Source: Challenges In The Texas Education System
The Source - July 25, 2013
Thu July 25, 2013
The Source: Losing Our Religion | Lackland After the Scandal
In the first segment:
For years the decline of participation in American Churches has been predicted and borne out. A recent Gallup poll shows that people think the influence of religion has declined. The Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life shows an increase in the nonreligious and that the country is nearly evenly split on how it feels about the growth of the nonreligious. Byron Johnson, Director of the Institute for Studies of Religion at Baylor joins us along with Gabriel Acevedo Sociology Professor at UTSA.
In the second segment:
Her predecessor fired, Col. Deborah Liddick was appointed to run the 737th Air Wing at Lackland Air Force Base after the first 6 training instructors were indicted. Now, 10 months on the job, she has weathered the worst sexual misconduct scandal in the history of the Air Force with more than 30 instructors indicted and over 20 convicted. She joins us to talk about the programs put in place as a result of the scandal and what progress has been made.