San Antonio's population is growing by leaps and bounds, but is the transportation system keeping up?
Roads and highways are choked with cars, mass transit is way behind when compared to other cities and toll roads are still in the plans. Whether driving, riding, busing or biking, all residents are affected by transportation-related issues.
This week, Texas Public Radio's "Growing Pains: Stuck Behind the Wheel" series asks: What's on the horizon for transportation in San Antonio? How can the city avoid a future stuck behind the wheel?
- Ray Lopez - City Councilman - District 6 and chair of the Alamo Area Metropolitan Planning Organization's Transportation Policy Board
- Jeff Arndt - President/CEO of VIA Metropolitan Transit
- Linda Alvarado-Vela - Planning and Public Involvement Manager for the Alamo Area Metropolitan Planning Organization
- Shelley Kofler - News Director for Texas Public Radio
- Aaron Schrank - Reporter for Texas Public Radio