Most Active Stories
- Pro-life Group Wants Planned Parenthood Defunded, Even For Cancer Screening
- South San School To Axe All 33 Teachers, Principal, Deputy For School’s Non-Performance
- Those Who Would Apply for DACA and DAPA Status Face Months of Paperwork Ahead
- Hidden Treasures San Antonio, Available Exclusively Through TPR
- Robert Earl Keen Sings 'Merry Christmas From The Fam-O-Lee'
The Source - July 16, 2014
Wed July 16, 2014
The Source: Wanted: New Mayor, Apply Within
Outgoing Mayor Julián Castro leaves some pretty big shoes to fill. The popular mayor was known nationwide and whether you liked him or not he brought a spotlight to San Antonio. As Castro prepares to leave for a cabinet job at the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, several potential heirs on city council jockey for position.
What do you want from your next mayor? Do you want someone to continue the "decade of downtown" proposals of Castro or someone who wants to refocus on other areas?
What will next year's race look like?
- Randy Bear, notable San Antonio blogger at concernedinsa.com (@RBearSAT)
- Brian Chasnoff, columnist for the San Antonio Express-News (@bchasnoff)
*This is the first segment in the July 16 edition of The Source, which airs at 3 p.m. on KSTX 89.1 FM. Audio from this show will be posted by 5:30 p.m.
Mayor Julián Castro