Most Active Stories
- TxDOT Wants $50M To Study Futuristic Transportation Models Like The 'Hyperloop'
- Will Texas' Education Commissioner Stay On?
- Hidden Treasures San Antonio, Available Exclusively Through TPR
- Beautiful Drawings Of Children At Play, But There’s More Happening Here
- The Source: Challenges In The Texas Education System
Mon October 28, 2013
Spying Allegations Rock U.S.-German Relations
Originally published on Mon October 28, 2013 7:00 am
German officials are scrambling to gather more information and U.S. officials are assessing diplomatic options in the wake of claims that the U.S. National Security Agency has been monitoring German Chancellor Angela Merkel's cellphone for more than a decade. Renee Montagne talks to Tim Naftali of the New America Foundation about America's history of spying and what this recent news means for the U.S. relationship with its European allies.