Mon April 15, 2013
Trumpeter Alison Balsom Mixes Baroque And Modern On Tour
In this interview, she shares insights about traveling with two trumpets and a two year old, as well as keeping things fresh musically night after night. Alison is also excited to be on stage this summer in a new play written for her!
Balsom joins the Scottish Ensemble in Austin on Tuesday, April 16 at 7:30 p.m. in Bass Concert Hall on the University of Texas campus, and teaches a masterclass Wednesday morning at 11 a.m.
Their program includes:
- Geminiani: Concerto grosso No. 12 in D minor “La Follia”
- Albinoni: Oboe Concerto in B flat major Op. 7 No. 3 (arr. Balsom)
- Mendelssohn: Violin Concerto in D minor (soloist Jonathan Morton)
- Vivaldi: Violin Concerto in D major RV 230 (arr. Balsom)
- MacMillan: Seraph
- Tchaikovsky: Serenade for Strings
Learn more about Alison online at www.alisonbalsom.com