Most Active Stories
- TxDOT Wants $50M To Study Futuristic Transportation Models Like The 'Hyperloop'
- Will Texas' Education Commissioner Stay On?
- Hidden Treasures San Antonio, Available Exclusively Through TPR
- Beautiful Drawings Of Children At Play, But There’s More Happening Here
- The Source: Challenges In The Texas Education System
Mon June 24, 2013
UTSA Receives Global Ranking In Top 100 Under 50
The University of Texas-San Antonio has been named as one of the top 100 universities among young universities of the world, and this is the second year in a row the school has received the honor from the Times Higher Education.
Times Higher Education is considered one of the most respected higher education ranking authorities in the world. UTSA is one of only eight universities in the U.S. to receive the ranking.
UTSA Communications Director Joe Izbrand said the coveted ranking means UTSA has reached a global reputation as a rising star in research.
"And it's also a measure of what's taking place in universities in terms of innovation and research. And that's really important to UTSA because innovation and research is a key component to our success and our advancement as a top tier university," Izbrand said.
The measures the organization used to rank UTSA as a Top 100 Under 50 included not only the quality of teaching, recognition by other universities, and its industrial income, but also research volume and the prestige of the type of ongoing research at the school.
UTSA ranked number 70 on the international scale. UT-Dallas, which ranked 15, is the only other Texas institution to make the list.
- View the list online at: www.timeshighereducation.co.uk