As a non-profit organization dedicated to serving the community, Texas Public Radio relies upon our volunteer corps to help meet station goals, staff various events, and assist with general office work. We are always looking for dedicated individuals who share our passion for public radio and community service. Volunteers assist with our wide range of community events and answer phones for our on-air pledge drive, as well as join us at TPR studios to help with general office work.
If you are interested in becoming part of TPR's volunteer corps, please use the link below to email us.
SPECIAL OPPORTUNITY this fall:
- Feel comfortable talking with university-age students
- Have reliable transportation
- Sign an agreement with TPR
- Help with set-up and breakdown as well as be at the university with TPR staff to talk Dare to Listen
- Share information about TPR and the Dare to Listen campaign (don’t worry, we’ll go over talking points, have cheat sheets and will be coaching you during your volunteer shift)
- The fantastic feeling of supporting public radio in your community
- A Dare to Listen t-shirt
- Opportunity to meet other college age students in the SA area
Some Examples of Volunteer Opportunities:
The TPR on-air pledge drives occur twice a year and require the largest number of volunteers. Volunteers answer phones at our office between the hours of 6:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. Shifts are generally 2 or 3 hours long, and snacks are provided by various local restaurants and caterers.
The Cinema Tuesdays Film Series runs for fourteen weeks during the summer. Film screenings are held on Tuesdays at 7:30 p.m., and volunteers are needed from 6:15 p.m. to 7:40 p.m. The main tasks for Cinema Tuesday volunteers are determining if attendees have tickets on will-call or if they are paying on-site and working the will-call table to distribute tickets to those who paid ahead of time.
Media Sponsorship events are held throughout the month. TPR volunteers attend various nonprofit special events, sharing information on membership and talking to people about KSTX, KPAC and KTXI.
General Office Work
Volunteers are needed to assist with various office tasks including filing, alphabetizing and data entry.
Other Special Events
TPR also hosts a variety of special events during the year. Typical volunteer tasks include check-in, program distribution and taking tickets.